The Insurance Shop, LLC is a full service, independent insurance agency located in Milton, Pennsylvania. Serving thousands of business and personal clients, The Insurance Shop has been successfully meeting the insurance needs of the Central Susquehanna Valley’s businesses and residents since 1951.
With an experienced staff of insurance professionals, The Insurance Shop strives to provide its customers with the highest levels of personal service, risk management advice, and integrity.
Browse the entire Dryfoos Group website to learn more about the many insurance products and services from The Insurance Shop and the other members of the Dryfoos Group of Insurance Agencies.
The Insurance Shop’s History:
The agency was established in Milton, Pennsylvania in 1951 as a partnership between Mr. Jack Dawson and Mr. William Spotts. The partnership became a corporation in 1958 and began operating as â€śDawson and Spotts, Inc.â€ť. It rapidly became one of the area’s largest insurance organizations.
The corporation continued to expand when in 1978 Gary C. Quarry, a former Senior Analyst with Aetna Casualty and Surety, joined Dawson & Spotts as Vice President. Mr. R. Michael Cormell, the owner of a local Nationwide Insurance Agency, joined him in 1981.
In December of 1981, Quarry and Cormell purchased the agency from Dawson and Spotts and renamed it â€śThe Insurance Shop.â€ť Through the 1980s and 1990s, the agency continued to be one of the premier independent insurance agencies in the Central Susquehanna region, providing insurance coverage to thousands of commercial and private customers.
In 2001, The Insurance Shop joined The Dryfoos Group of Insurance Agencies – a strategic partnership between the Dryfoos Insurance Agency of Hazleton and The Woodring-Roberts Corporation of Bethlehem. The new relationship between these firms resulted in a combination of the agencies’ resources and capabilities, and enhanced the scope and quality of service available to the Insurance Shop’s many customers.